Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
• 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
• 1 egg white, beaten
• 2/3 cup diced strawberries
• 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, gently combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3) In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and applesauce until together until no brown sugar lumps remain – a fork works well to break up the brown sugar here. Add the beaten egg white until fully incorporated.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry until *just* combined – do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
5) Divide the batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffins will be lightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
6) Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!
* Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for 7 days. Muffins can be frozen for later.