The 7th and newest momstown pillar launched this week in Calgary – Belly Basics: All things prenatal!
We were thrilled to be joined by some amazing local women who have a passion for what they do.
Jennifer House from First Step Nutrition spoke on the topic of prenatal diet care. We talked about supplements, weight gain, and cravings – when to indulge and how often and also alternatives to
giving into that craving.
If you are craving:
• Salt try to choose: Mixed nuts, whole grain crackers with hummus, popcorn
• Sugary sweets try to choose: Dried fruit, sweetened rice cakes, yogurt and berries, hot chocolate made with milk, frozen juice.
• Sour try to choose: Sour granny smith apples, lemon/lime juice with water
For more information or dietary concerns you can find more information here.
Laurie McGowan, the owner of Adventures Of Little a local online boutique shared her passion for cloth diapering and how to go "green" with your baby.
Cloth Diapering can be so intimidating to many new parents so Laurie has some tips to help make the choice to go cloth over disposable.
• Cost savings
• Less waste produced sitting in the landfills
• Healthier for baby
• Really cute 😉
Laurie is so passionate about cloth diapering she offers a in home consultation to go over the many brands and styles available as well to answer any questions or concerns you have. www.adventuresoflittle.ca
Naturopath Dr. Kate Appleton joined us to share about acupuncture and labour.
She shared some key points about the benefits:
• Can help prep the body to deliver
• Can help induce labour preventing a medical induction
• During labour if administered can help reduce pain
• Help the body recover after delivery
Dr. Kate Appleton not only is a birth and labour doula she also makes house calls post delivery! No need for mama and baby to bundle up and head out when you should be resting.To book your FREE 15 minute consult call:403-984-3538