1.It is opening weekend at Calaway Park! Great family fun with the opening of their new Log Ride. Don't forget season pass' are on sale at all Calgary Co-Op stores until May 20th for only $39.95 plus gst
When: May 17-19 2014 10am-7pm
How much: General admission or purchase your seasons pass at Co-Op
2. Each day this weekend (May 17/18/19 2014) the first 500 people through the gates with a regular admission between 930am-10am at Heritage Park will be treated to a complimentry pancake breakfast! Check out their website for full details.
When: May 17-19 2014
How much: Regular admission rate
3. May 19 is Mountie Day and Fort Calgary has some great activities
planned. Celebrate the 114th anniversay of the mounted police with cake, crafts, theatre and live poetry
When: May 19 10am-4pm
How much: general admission
4. LEGO KidsFest happening a the BMO Centre will be a fun filled weekend bringing hands on fun together with building imagination.
When: May 16-18 2014
How much: tickets required – check availabilty HERE
5. Little Britches Parade and Rodeo in High River. Make the drive out to High River for a small town parade! Each year High River and the Foothills Region celebrates the coming of spring during the May Long weekend, with the opening of the High River Visitor Information Centre, the debut of the Museum of the Highwood’s summer exhibits, and the Famous Little Britches Parade & Rodeo.
When: May 17 -19 2014, Parade May 19 at 10am
How much: parade and actvities are free, however the High Tea is by donation (suggested $25/person)
6. Kayben Farms is host to a famiy filled afternoon out! From bounce pillows to climbing walls, mazes, hay rides… pack a lunch and head out!
When: now open check hours HERE
How much: general addmission see website for prices
7. Royal Canadian Circus is in town at the Crossroads Furniture Market. Everyone loves the circus. Kids are fascinated by the acrobats, clowns and animal performers. Parents, you’ll be a kid again, seeing the wonder of the circus through your son’s or daughter’s eyes.
When: in town until May 19
How much: See their website for full admission costs
8. Take a drive out to Cochrane for their Childrens Festival. The Big Green Puppet Bus will be on site which takes kids on a creative journey that doesn’t require a transfer. Other acts and activities will keep families hopping.
When: Saturday, May 17 at the Spray Lakes Sawmill Family Sports Centre, Noon to 4 p.m.
How much: $5 – $10